Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet



My heart is heavy as I have learned of the passing of our dearly loved Prophet.
I will miss him dearly but will always remember the things he has taught me and the impression he left on our family.
I have a testimony that President Hinckley was a true living Prophet who loved and served us and the Lord faithly till the end. How blessed we have been to be guided and directed in these latter days by such a amazing and loving leader, a true man of God. It is sad to say goodbye but yet knowing how happy he is to be with his Heavenly Father, Savior Jesus Christ and eternal companion again makes it easier. What a joyous reunion for them.

“I know as surely as anything in this world that someday I shall die as to the life of this world. But I have an absolute certainty in my heart that I shall go on living and doing good and having the association of my beloved companion and my children”
President Gordon B. Hinckley, 31 July 1999.

Just as President Hinckley, I am grateful for the knowledge of eternal life and the gift of eternal families.





3 comments:

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

What a great post! I was also very sad when I heard the news. What a blessing it is to have the knowledge that we have to make death a more beautiful thing.

Audrey said...

Thanks for your sweet testimony Rachel! I love that quote! What an amazing man he was!

Tasha Coltrin said...

That would be just fine. I'm so glad that you have one too. I love this post by the way. Thanks for sharing this.

Visitors

Blogging tunes