Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Abigail!

Abby is 14 today!!
Happy Birthday Sweetheart!
Steve and I are the luckiest parents in the world. We have a 14 year old girl who gives us no trouble what so ever, other then a very messy room.
Not many parents of a teenager can say that.
Things we love about Abby...
She is beautiful from the inside out
Very kind and thoughtful
Enjoys life and knows how to have fun
Sets goals and works hard at acheiving them
Loves children and working with the disabled,
they both have a tender spot in her heart
She knows who she is and understands what it means to be a daughter of her Heavenly Father
Wise beyond her years
At parent teacher conferences this week I had half her teachers tell me how mature she is for her age. I said "I know, I've been hearing that since she was 2 years old.
Abby has truly been my rock these past 4 years while Steve has been working in Manhattan. I know that I could have not made it this long without her by my side.
She is always there to jump in when she sees a need especially when I am about to loose it. She is patient when I'm not. She always knows when I need a hug. She watches over her brothers and sister without complaining. If I did not have her I honestly would have no life outside my home. She makes it possible for me to dash to the store, attend my meetings, get my haircut, make dinner, to have girl's night out with my friends, and get errands done faster then I ever could with 4 kids in tow.
She carrys a heavy load for our family right now and I appreciate her more then I can express. I love you Abby Lyn.
Sorry about the bragging mom but I just think she is incredible!
I really wanted to post some pictures of Abigail through the years but our scanner is not up and running right now. So maybe I will have Steve help me when he is home next week.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Abby! What a beautiful post! You're right, your Abby is one in a million, and definitely mature beyond her years. She is such a great friend to everyone around her and so caring. You're so blessed to have such a sweet daughter. She's just like her Mom.

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

Happy Birthday Abby! We love you tons! Sorry we weren't here to sing to you on your special day. We hope you know how lucky we feel to know you! You are so special:-)

Steven said...

Happy Birthday Abby!

What a fun day.

FOX said...

HOLY DANG! I actually was trying to figure out it this was a picture of you as a teen, before I read a bit, because I would have guessed Abigail to be... ummm. 9 maybe!

Which is dumb of me because Jacob is 13!!!!

Visitors

Blogging tunes