Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dance Class/Girly girl



Elle started dance class today! She looked so darn cute! I'm not sure who was more excited, her or me? Every mom I think, dreams of having a little girly girl and Elle is definitly that but I had to wait a long time for one. Let me explain. When Abigail was little she was adorable, sweet and so much fun but a girly girl, no, not even a tiny bit. She was all about jeans, boots, baseball caps, lizards, Power Rangers and playing with her best friend and cousin Steven. She even wanted us to call her Jace (JC) because she thought it sounded more like a boys name. She would have rather shed blood then watch a princess movie, take dance class or put on dress. You should of seen what a nightmare Sunday mornings were...I had to beg, cry and bribe her to put on a dress for church. When it was time to buy her first bike she picked out of course the very boyish one called the Crocodile Cruiser. Oh how proud she was of that bike and oh how I so wanted her to pick the pink and purple one. At first it was hard to accept the fact that my first little girl was not a girly girl but we loved every inch of her and knew that was who she was and what made her so special!! I wouldn't trade those tomboy memories for anything! Abby did out grow that stage, not too quickly though. Now she is a beautiful almost 14 year old girl who becomes more girly all the time. So, 10 years later when little Elle Belle joined our family what do you know...she is as girly girl as they come!! She is all about the princesses, dresses, babies, the color pink, dress up clothes and jewelry, & dancing. Now Abby and Elle even though 10 years apart enjoy the same things...Hello Kitty, Tinkerbell, painting nails etc... They are best friends, two peas in a pod, kindred spirits. What a blessing these two beautiful girls are in my life. They make me so proud. (I love my boys too but I'll save that for another day).

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Too cute! It must be such a different world having girls in the house. Maybe I'll see if Spencer will let me paint his nails...

Audrey said...

She is so cute! I'm so glad you got a little girly girl! Abby is so funny, I think my Abbey is turning out the same way! How fun that you get the best of both worlds, I just love your girls!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

How fun is dance class! I know what you mean about wanting a little dancer. Mine better come next though because I'm not as patient as you, i'm not sure I can wait 10 years! She is darling!!!

Visitors

Blogging tunes