Tuesday, March 11, 2008

MEXICO

OK that vacation was over faster then I could blink.

We had a wonderful time other then being stuck in the Boise airport for 7 hours while they worked on our broken plane and arriving in Minneapolis hours past our connection flight to Cancun. So we stayed the night there(without luggage) and caught the next flight out in the morning. We did get to spend a few hours touring the Mall of America which was a grand thing! It was 2 degrees that night and my short sleeves and flip flops did attract a bunch of stares. I just wanted to scream at them "I am supposed to be on the beaches of Cancun right now and yes, I AM freezing my butt off!!

When we did arrive the weather was perfect the beaches lovely and the water the most amazing color of turquise. Heaven.

Here are a some pictures...


The pool at the resort was amazing! This picture only shows a fraction of just how enormous it was.



We took a ferry over to Cozumel, rented scooters and cruised around the entire island. That was definitely a fun highlight of the trip.


We toured the Tulum ruins which were interesting.



Steve and I are glad we had this opportunity to spent this vacation with our friends Walter and Sandra Watts. We had a blast getting to know them better. Sandra kept me in a constant laugh and helped me discover a little more of my adventurous side.

I love how refreshing vacations are. I always seem to come home with a clearer mind, better perspective and a desire to be better (especially wife and mother).

Random shots.





6 comments:

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

OH MY GOSH! That looks so beautiful! How fun? I'm sorry that you had a rough time getting there but it looks like it was worth all the hassle. What a great vacation!!!

jenny said...

I am sooo happy you got to go and have a break! It looks sooo heavenly! I am in need of a vacation like that. How was the food??

Audrey said...

Those pictures are amazing! Just beautiful. You deserved this break so much, and I'm so glad that once you got there you were able to relax and enjoy, it looks like you had a wonderful time!

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

FUN FUN FUN... I'm jealous. I want a vacation. I loved the scooter shot. HOW MUCH FUN IS THAT

Cala said...

Rachel that looks like HEAVEN!! I am so glad you got to go, you deserve it more than anyone I know!!! Glad to know you made it safely and was still able to enjoy your time!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, remember me...Elisa (Ball) Beardall? Tiffany said you were in her ward and after a few blog hops here I came across yours! What a darling family. Tony and I went to Cancun in January. Loved it! The scoots were our favorite too. Hope you are doing well! Michelle Crystal lives about 3 miles down the road. Let us know when you are in town. We should get together. What happened to Michelle Munsey?!

Visitors

Blogging tunes