Did someone give my garden growth hormones while we were gone? My little tiny, barly hanging in there, will be dead when we return pumpkin plant turned into a beast. It's vines are so long, it reminds me of the plant from Little Shops of Horror. My other two plants tripled too so my little grow box is overflowing. That is so wonderful though considering how I had almost completly given up on the whole gardening thing. With two failed attempts last year and a very slow start this year I almost threw the towel in. I could not fiqure out what I was doing wrong yet my all my friend's gardens were amazing. Just the caporale curse I was beginning to think, no green thumb here. But because my children were so bummed and very eager to have a garden we kept trying and long and behold we finally have a family garden. I find it so fun to see how much Bradley has cottled this garden. It is his baby, checking on it a dozen times a day and getting so excited to see new growth and ectatic to find a new veggie! This was a good lesson for the kids (and me). When you are trying to do what is right, don't give up, keep trying and the blessings will come.
And, if anyone needs tomatoes, zucchinis or a pumpkin or two to decorate your porch for the fall season let me know.




1 comment:
Holy smokes! The couple of times that we checked on your house it was just starting to creep out of the box and across the gravel. But look at it now! Good work Gardener Rachel
Post a Comment